From time to time, HCT Group has volunteering opportunities for people in a variety of roles, helping the most vulnerable in our communities to get out and about. These are often posted here, but you can also contact our individual depots directly.
Volunteer drivers needed - Leeds Alternative Travel
If you’d like to make a real difference to your community, then volunteering with Leeds Alternative Travel could be just what you’ve been looking for. We rely on having a strong team of dedicated volunteers to drive our fleet of minibuses and we are looking for more people to join the team.
You will be helping community groups across Leeds to carry out their day to day activities. This will include shopping, bingo, lunches and many other social activities. Many of our member groups wouldn’t be able to operate without our central pool of volunteer drivers. You will also help individuals with mobility problems to access key facilities, and to attend appointments etc.
- To be aged 21 +
- Full UK driving licence (ideally 'clean' but talk to us if you have any endorsements)
- Those interested in volunteering for LAT will be required to have an Enhanced DBS Check (LAT will meet the costs of this).
- Flexible volunteering
- Training to a nationally-recognised standard
- Opportunity to learn new job skills
- Opportunity to meet new people, and make a positive difference to their lives
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment
- Something worthwhile to do in your spare time
- Expenses paid
- Opportunity to work with a not-for-profit organisation that supports thousands of people across Leeds
- Uniform provided
Please call us on 01133 868882. Alternatively email us on email@example.com or make an appointment to visit our offices for an informal chat.